Internal fields are changing the way in which users approach their feed management and optimization. You can think of internal fields as a ‘’ Compendium of Rules’’.
Creating internal fields in DataFeedWatch is very simple. Let's see what steps you need to take to start using them in your feeds.
HOW TO CREATE INTERNAL FIELDS FROM SCRATCH?
1. You can set up the Internal Fields at a shop level
2. Start mapping your DataFeedWatch Internal Fields. You have two options here:
Select name from the list - the name of the internal field can be selected from a list of most common fields in data feeds;
Enter text - to name your internal field and then map it to the source fields.
HOW TO CREATE INTERNAL FIELDS FROM EXISTING MAPPINGS?
Customers with channel mappings in place can create internal fields by copying existing channel mappings.
Let’s say you already have rules in place for your titles. Hover with your mouse over the mapping you want to copy and hit the copy icon.
Convert that existing rule to an internal field, that you can use in other channel mappings.
HOW TO USE INTERNAL FIELDS IN CHANNEL MAPPINGS?
After creating the internal fields it's time to start using them for the channel mappings.
New Customers: If you are just getting started, then all you need to do is to start using internal fields when creating the feeds for the shopping channels.
Existing Customers: Let's walk you through the steps you need to take in order to apply the internal fields if you already have the mappings in your store.
Note: First of all, the internal fields are not mandatory. They will simplify your work a lot, so it would be great to add them, but you can decide if and when to implement them.
Steps 1-2 are similar to the mapping the new customers are doing.
1. What is different for old customers, that already have all their mapping in place is that after they've mapped the internal fields, they can hit the button Apply to existing channels if they want to use them in their feeds.
2. After that, you will be prompted with a page where you can review all the fields and the channels where Internal Fields will be applied automatically.
It is important to understand that this will have no effect on the output feeds, as the Internal Fields have exactly the same mapping as the mapping they replace.
3. In case there are fields that couldn't be mapped to internal fields, because you haven't set them up yet, on the next page we will show you what those fields are and you have the choice to leave them as they are or to create internal fields to map them too.
Note: Internal fields are NOT available for sub-accounts UNLESS the main account holder updates the settings for each sub-account.
If you want to know more about the internal fields and how they can enhance your feeds you can also take a look at Practical Examples of Using Internal Fields.
If you need assistance with using the Internal Fields write us at firstname.lastname@example.org.